Thursday, August 13, 2015

Christ commands us to repay evil with good.....He commands, He does not ask, He does not say to do this only when I feel like it is the right thing to do. He commands me to do this, even when my pride is blowing up in my face. If I fail to overlook evil, if I react to an evil act in like manner, I am just a reflector of the circumstances around me. It reduces me to a thermometer.....this thermometer gauges the "niceness" of those around me and my reaction is the same. But, that is me in my natural state......The Holy Sprits empowers us to live beyond that natural state and react in love, no matter what temperature is thrown at me. so, what evil will come my way tomorrow and will I choose to walk with the Spirit or walk in the natural flesh? Help me to not lean on my own understanding!!


Lisa took this picture looking off the Mogollon Rim the day we cut down our Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment