Tuesday, September 1, 2015

VIDEO....Balancing the Driving Miniature horse

Before you begin to ask of your horse what I am asking of Beamer, you need to do lots of preliminary work. First ask for just soft lateral bending. Once my mini understands that , I ask for lateral bending that involves breaking the poll and moving the shoulder. Finally I ask for lift. But, this exercise is not one that I begin with! I can only ask this of a horse that is soft on the bit and understands lateral movement.

Remember that collection starts from the hind end. Thus, you will hear me clucking while I play with positioning his head. This is to keep him driving from the hind and to keep impulsion happening. Beamer is so much "go" that a cluck is all that is needed. If you have a horse that is dead to the cluck.....you are going to have to get them moving when you ask for impulsion. That can be accomplished in the round pen most easily.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a novice but want to learn the right way to do things , I just love your videos , so informative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a novice trying to learn the correct way to do things , I find you videos very informative , thank you

    ReplyDelete